Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Best Wishes to Ted Kennedy

My apologies for not posting earlier, but I am in the midst of helping my high school freshman survive his first set of finals. And it is from the perspective of a parent that I approach Senator Ted Kennedy's diagnosis of a malignant brain tumor. He is, when all is said and done, a father and a husband, and I am so saddened for his family.

I will not pretend to like Ted Kennedy's politics. But I have always admired the steadfastness and the clarity with which he articulated his convictions. Nor have I ever doubted his love for our country.

So I wish him well -- comfort during his treatment, wisdom for his physicians and strength for his family. And while we're at it, let's pray for a miraculous recovery. Because I would much rather beat Kennedy with ideas, not cancer.

No comments: