Tuesday, September 22, 2015

FAREWELL SCOTT WALKER



Six months ago, I would never have guessed that his presidential campaign would burn out so quickly.

I met Scott Walker at a Federalist Society event a few years ago.  He gave a good, substantive speech that highlighted the reforms he has enacted in Wisconsin. I was particularly impressed with his record on battling the teachers' unions, which in my view, have done more to harm education in this country than almost anything.

I was also impressed with his ability to survive the relentless attacks and recall elections the Dems kept throwing him -- particularly in a purple state.

In light of Walker's record --both in policy and politically -- I thought he merited a serious look as a presidential nominee.

And yet he never caught on. This is just not his time. That he realized this so quickly is to his credit and reflects his political acumen.






No comments: