Monday, July 6, 2009

Am I wrong or is the Commander in Chief

Watching the news on the Fourth of July I caught a segment of President Obama in his opening remarks to start the Washington DC celebration.

I thought it interesting after his short speech and announcing it was also Malia's birthday as well, he leans over to Malia and starts to offer explanations of what is going to happen. The band starts and he begins to tell her that the Marine Corps band will start playing the songs that represent the four branches of our military.

Let's count together, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and........ Oh yeah, the Coast Guard. I count five. Is our Commander in Chief wrong or is the Coast Guard part of the budget cuts.

I realize that the Joint Chief of Staff represents the "four major" branches of service but every concert I have attended where the representative branch songs are played includes our Coast Guard as well.

Maybe this should be up there with the 57 states!

No comments: