Wednesday, February 1, 2017

God Bless Judge Gorsuch


I was thrilled with President Trump's nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the seat of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Any of the judge's on Trump's list of 21 would have been outstanding. I particularly like the way Judge Gorsuch writes -- which was one of my favorite things about Scalia. Likewise for Kentucky's own Judge Amul Thapar, who not only made the list of 21 but in fact made it to the final four; he also has a way with words that transforms an otherwise dry legal opinion.

I am one of the many voters for whom the Supreme Court was the most important issue in casting my vote for president. Trump kept his promise.

And I expect he will do so again after the end of the Supreme Court's term this June.

I was similarly impressed by the announcement last night. It was very dignified. The presence of Maureen Scalia was poignant, and yet it was upbeat. It felt historic.

No comments: