Thursday, February 2, 2017

UC Berkely's Stuck in the 1960's


The demonstrations at UC Berkely last night in response to Milo Yiannopolous's scheduled speech looked like a throw-back to the anti-war protests of the 1960's.

The left was trying to shut down Milo's speech -- more of the free speech for me, but not for thee we've come to expect from progressives. These people demand tolerance for everything except an opposing viewpoint.

As I watched the anarchists literally try to burn everything down, I couldn't help but think that the school should lose its federal funding. When I clicked on the Daily Caller this morning and read that President Donald Trump had threatened to do just that, it was like he was reading my mind. That's a large part of why Trump was elected; he frequently says what ordinary people are thinking.

No, I'm not talking about the gaffes or the Billy Bush interviews. I think that because he has not spent his professional life as a politician, he reacts to things viscerally the way regular people do.


No comments: