Thursday, March 19, 2009

Louisville Tea Party Wednesday April 15th 11:00am to 1:00pm

Just reading about the Lexington, KY Tea Party I thought it appropriate to mention that Louisville KY will also have their "Tea Party".

Louisville, Ky. – Wednesday, April 15, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Jefferson Square (tentative location), 10th and Jefferson St.

If you are interested just e-mail Wendy Caswell at LouisvilleTeaParty@gmail.com

As of right now all you need to do is show up on tax day ready to be heard. Also she has planned a poster making party on April 9th (Thursday) at the JCRP Headquarters at 5pm. If you would like to help with that please contact Wendy and she can give you more information on that. I hope to see you soon. We will be heard.

(The above information has been "borrowed" by me from Wendy Caswell. I do hope she understands the reason for my plagiarism.)

Now my second point is a shameless promotion for the Voice Tribune.

In Louisville there is an alternative for news called the Voice Tribune. I highly recommend this publication in as it gives a different perspective than we are use to seeing in the Courier-Journal. The Voice Tribune offers columns by Michelle Malkin and Dennis Prager. They also feature a column by two locals under the name of Adam and McCall. In reading the article by Adam and McCall, they speak of the new Republican Party leader here in Louisville KY. Seems he is doing a great job in the fund raising aspect. But I digress. Here is the nut of the information I took away from the article. Guess how many republicans are in the Louisville area. No really take a guess then scroll down
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The number of registered republicans is around 160,000. Can you imagine this? The town of Mitch McConnell, Anne Northup and the list goes on, all supported by 160,000 Republicans! Something is wrong here. Metro Louisville is about one million in population and we only have 160,000 registered republican. What is that about 20% or under????? Come on this is crazy.

Now, I bet a lot of people that are reading this are members of the other party that Andrew Jackson so proudly used the Jack Ass as its party symbol.

Now, I also bet a lot of you were told that if you wanted your vote to count in Louisville or Kentucky than you better register democratic since we are a democrat area. Well if you are registered as a Dem but are thinking more to the right, how do you find out about the goings on in the RNC? You won’t be asked for a donation or to help on fund raisers or events. You’re just not on the mailing list or in their sights.

I too use to be a Democrat but a few years of being a “businessman” convinced me that the Dems were not really helping me. Against my parent’s judgment I converted to the Republican Party. I have been happy ever since. Proud is a better word.

So my second offer is this. If you feel the same way I do and you want to convert then I have a link for you.

http://www.jeffersoncountyclerk.org/voter-info/registrationcard.pdf

How can a republican ever be a contender in this state if we all hide behind the Democrat Party? There is strength in numbers.

I have had enough, how about you.

No comments: