Monday, May 23, 2011

Really Sad About Mitch Daniels

I cannot believe that Mitch Daniels decided not to run. He was the Republican party's best shot at electing a president who could restore a sense of fiscal discipline to this country.  He was our best shot at restoring a level of competence to government while recognizing that there are very few areas in which government should be involved.

It is just devastating news for the Republican party and for the country.

So who to support now?  Romney has disqualified himself with Romney-care.  If he gets the nomination, conservatives will have no choice but to start a third party.

Newt is brilliant.  His personal baggage, however, is too much of a distraction, and would threaten to demean the dignity of the office of the president.

Sarah Palin will not run.  Why should she?  She can influence public policy and get rich from the sidelines.

Tim Pawlenty benefits the most from Mitch Daniels declining to run.  Time to give Pawlenty a serious look.

3 comments:

JT d'Eastwood said...

Bridget- I couldn't agree more. My wife and I were ready to max out to Daniels once he filed. We are devastated. I'll check out Pawlenty. JT

JT d'Eastwood said...

BB- Totally agree. My wife and I were devastated. We intended to max out to Daniels. I appreciate the suggestion on Pawlenty, as I don't know that much about him. - JT

Eric M. Bush said...

The best man is the one who realizes he doesn't want the job...