Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm More Kentucky Than You Is

Secretary of State Trey Grayson and Dr. Rand Paul are drifting further from the issues, into the terrain of silliness. From Paul's press release:

Reminiscent of the schoolyard, Trey Grayson whines that he's more of a Kentuckian than Rand Paul, that Paul is not a Kentuckian.

Rand Paul responds, "I've been a Kentuckian longer than Grayson's been a Republican!"

"I've voted in every Kentucky Republican primary since 1993. When did Grayson start voting in the Republican primary?"

I've raised all of my children here. Kentucky is the only home they've ever known. My wife's family arrived in Kentucky in the 1790's as surveyors. I've spent my entire medical career in Kentucky."

"If that's all
Grayson has to run on, empty shells, this campaign will be easier than we anticipate."

Seriously, boys. It is irrelevant how long Trey Grayson has been a Republican, so long as he adheres the core principles now (he does). Ronald Reagan started out as a Democrat, and few would doubt his conservative bona fides. It is likewise irrelevant how long Dr. Rand Paul has lived in Kentucky, so long as he thoroughly understands the problems of the Commonwealth and desires to enact public policy that would benefit Kentucky. Recall that though he was born in Alabama, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been relentless in seeking ways to improve the lives of Kentuckians.


No comments: