Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sen. Ron Johnson Gives GOP Weekly Address

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), one of the Freshmen who swept into office this past November, gives this week's Republican address. Johnson brings the much-needed perspective of a businessman. He is in a position to intelligently discuss job creation because he has created jobs; he recognizes that government needs to get out of the way.

My favorite passage:

For the last 31 years, I have been running a plastics manufacturing plant in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. As a manufacturer, I have learned to identify and attack the root cause of a problem, not spend my time addressing mere symptoms. Huge deficits, slow economic activity, high unemployment, and woefully inadequate job creation are severe symptoms of the problem. They are not the root cause. The ever expanding size, scope, and cost of government is. This is what we must address. This is what I hope the President has come to realize.

No comments: